One of the primary concerns of businesses today is the shortage of genuine leadership. There are any number of management courses available, but there is in many instances a gap between being trained as a manager and being trained as a leader. Most academic material on management refers to leadership as one of the aspects of management, but very few focus on the development of leadership skills. CPT has a long history of partnering with our clients in order to build courses that meet their training needs. This includes aspects such as the customisation of content, the level of material and even practical concerns such as the scheduling of classes. It is through this type of closeness with our customers that we have taken note of the need for a course that will develop managers and especially leaders. It is to meet this shortcoming that CPT has developed the LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME (LDP). The programme has been established at the NQF 5 level. It consists of 5 modules:
- Personal Mastery
- External Environmental Analysis
- Internal Environmental Analysis
- The Building Blocks of Operational Excellence
- Strategic Management
- Students will need to be committed to the course and will be expected to perform tasks and develop insights that are beyond their current level of comfort and familiarity. They will need to grow to achieve their goals.
- The organisation will need to provide access to the necessary areas for task completion. A large degree of the success of this undertaking will rely on organisational support and tolerance.
- CPT will be committed in terms of synthesising broad and academic business principles and science with the organisational specific requirements and unique considerations.